October 27, 2011

Ode to Drones

I have a deep and profound love for all things Gallente. Although I do most of my game play, via PVP, as a Minmatar pilot, my first love is Gallente. So while driving back from some errands I started formulating a little poem about the Gallente weapon of choice, drones, which is obviously ripped off of another great poem.

Ode to Drones
- By Gallente Citizen
Hobgoblin, Hammerhead, Ogre, is your designated call sign,
your thermal damage is better than mulled wine?
Your speed, tracking and damage modifiers
contribute to your attack, and lend relief to my defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your repetitive orbit,
a singular development of drone intelligence
that obviates your basic interceptor avoidance
for a rhythmic clicking of your interface, does nothing to your essence.


A link is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
your range would not be so great if I undocked without it.

And when not being utilized to aide in ship toasting,
you are often used as the subject of my forum groaning.


O drones, the complex levels of behaviour you display
connote a fairly underdeveloped cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, drone, and do not return to bay,
I nonetheless consider you better than an artillery array.

I may not be a completely unique poet but this made me giggle. See the embedded video below for some real Gallente love from someone with more creativity than me.

No comments: